From our groundbreaking GenAI product launch to our enhanced console experience, we’re excited to share the most recent Nightfall product updates.
Total Protection for GenAI Tools
As you might’ve seen on VentureBeat, our team was proud to announce the launch of Nightfall for GenAI earlier this month. Nightfall for GenAI is the industry’s first complete data security platform designed specifically for our impending age of AI. Nightfall for GenAI consists of three products, each of which provide a different dimension of DLP:
- Nightfall for ChatGPT plugs into your browser to detect and redact sensitive data before it’s submitted in ChatGPT prompts.
- Nightfall for SaaS scrubs sensitive data from SaaS apps that have AI sub-processors.
- Nightfall for LLMs offers a robust API library for developers looking to keep customer data out of their models and stay compliant with leading data privacy standards like PCI-DSS, HIPAA, SOC 2, and more.
Can’t wait to see Nightfall for GenAI in action? Watch the demo below to get a closer look at how Nightfall prevents data leaks in ChatGPT.
Enhanced GitHub UI
Now in early preview, our GitHub update will provide customers with an even more flexible and frictionless workflow. These changes will help customers to:
- Register, onboard, and monitor multiple GitHub organizations as part of a single Nightfall license.
- Exclude repositories, file paths, and file types to create targeted policies that scan only specific sections of your code base.
- Search GitHub specific-metadata to filter and scrutinize a targeted set of violations, all from the convenience of the Nightfall console.
Curious how we’ve implemented our new “Violations Search” feature across integrations? Read on to learn more.
Global Violations Search
Currently in early preview, our violations search feature offers an entirely new way of finding and engaging with violations in the Nightfall console. Here’s how it works:
- Toggle to the free-form text search box in Nightfall’s violations tab.
- Sort through violations via their detectors, rules, policies, contextual findings, or users.
- Search via integration metadata, such as a file name or type.
- Use logical operators like “AND,” “OR,” and “NOT” to fine-tune or exclude search results.
- Use quotes to search for a complete phrase (e.g. “Credit card number”).
- Use the “*” character to narrow your search to a specific workstream (e.g. workstream*).
For instance, by searching for [“Credit card” AND John Doe] a customer will see all the violations that contain the full phrase “Credit card” involving user John Doe.
Refreshed Console UI
Last quarter we launched our new content preview experience, which provides customers with rich context to review and evaluate violations, all without leaving the Nightfall console. This quarter, we’re continuing to fine-tune our console experience with the following updates:
- A tabular view to make violations more visible at a glance.
- An enhanced slide-out content preview panel, now with a section on “Policies and Detection Rules.”
At the core of this new experience is the concept of “progressive disclosure.” In other words, we’ve struck the perfect balance between expediting our customers’ monitoring workflow without causing analysis paralysis.
At Nightfall we’re dedicated to giving our customers the latest and greatest in cloud data protection. Keep a look out for the next two product releases on the Nightfall horizon:
- Integration for Microsoft Teams
- Integration for Notion
As always, don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.