At Nightfall, we value customer feedback and focus our team’s effort on building what matters most to them. To that end, we examined the Analyst and SecOps workflow, mapped our product to fit seamlessly with that experience, and layered in robust AI capabilities to help you increase productivity. We are excited to announce the following enhancements to our platform that will boost productivity for your organization, while ensuring security of your organizations’ data.
New Filtering Capabilities
With two new filtering options as part of your audit and monitoring workflow, you can quickly find and remediate violations based on your criteria. You can eliminate wasted time and effort by:
- Filtering by Status
- Filtering by User
Tracking violations In Jira
Previously only available to customers using the Github integration, “Send To Jira” is now supported across all Nightfall secured applications. Users can pick and choose violations to send to Jira and configure the target project, issue type, title and even add comments or hashtags. Whether you would like to elevate the status of a high risk violation or already have an existing SecOps workflow in Jira, we are confident you will appreciate this seamless ticketing experience.
With Nightfall’s new annotation capabilities, you can mark and annotate findings. Users can now:
- Classify and take notes on findings for easy reference
- Easily track findings that are a true or false positive within a violation
- Collaborate effectively with other team members leaving annotations
For early access, please contact your customer support representative.
Teams, O365, Notion, and Generative AI
By the end of July customers will be able to deploy our brand new integrations for Notion, O365, Teams, and Generative AI (ChatGPT, Bard, and more.) This will make Nightfall the first DLP with complete coverage for leading SaaS applications and Generative AI, all powered by our industry leading protection.
Improved UI with Added Context
The Nightfall UI has undergone several improvements over the past few months, leading to a more intuitive, context-rich experience designed to expedite your monitoring workflow. Here are some additional improvements in the works:
- A decluttered table view that provides more information at a glance.
- A slide-out details pane experience for content preview that improves on how context information is organized and sets the foundation for even more information to help you expedite your workflow.
In addition, starting June 19th, we are proactively updating detection rules to improve our customers’ overall experience and to help customers get the most out of Nightfall's continuous detector improvements. These updates may not necessarily apply to you depending on the detectors that you are using. Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or here if you have any questions.
Automated Jira Ticketing
We recently introduced the option to manually send a Jira ticket to track any Nightfall reported violations in Jira. In the upcoming month, this can be applied as an automated action for any given policy, ensuring that a Jira ticket is created for each violation.
New Violations Search (Aug)
We will be introducing a new and powerful search experience to enable exploration and look up of violations on the Violations page:
- You’ll be able to identify violations associated to a keyword, a phase or a finding
- You’ll be able to search for violation metadata information like channel, file name…etc.
- You’ll be able to combine search terms with logical operators like AND, OR and Not
More Alert Configuration Options
Today, you can configure email, Slack and SIEM/HTTP alerts for each of the SaaS applications you monitor. We will extend alert configuration options to give you more control on a policy basis Here’s what to expect:
- Turn alerts on or off based on which policy has been violated, reducing noise and overhead to your monitoring team
- Route alerts to different destinations (email, slack channel…etc.) based on what policy has been violated for a more productive monitoring workflow
- Customize your notification message to end users to be specific to the policy being validated for more effective and engaging user education
Violation dedupe for Jira and Confluence
We are working on reducing duplication in violations while keeping all existing violations up to date with the latest changes. Specifically, you will notice:
- A significant reduction in duplicate violations containing redundant sensitive data exposure information
- A crisp and cleaner violations list that reflects the latest risk exposure in terms of findings
- A transparent activity log keeping you up to date on changes to the findings within a violation
This new capability will be first available for Jira and Confluence customers.
Tips and Tricks
Did you know you can identify and filter sensitive data in OpenAI GPT with Nightfall’s APIs? Access materials here.
For example, you can create an API key and integrate with just a few lines of code. Then, you would configure a detection rule. You can set up detection rules as code or manage them in the Nightfall Console. You are now ready to make your first API call, and scan text payloads or files with detectors trained via AI.
- Catch the team at BSides Las Vegas, August 8th and 9th. Swing by our booth to pick up your limited edition Nightfall socks
Still want to learn more about Nightfall? Check out our Nightfall help center for in-depth articles.