The Nightfall team continues to reflect on and digest the events of the past two weeks. We are horrified and saddened by the senseless murders of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and countless others. We want to reiterate that Nightfall stands with the Black community and is committed to finding ways we can make a difference despite being an emerging startup. Over the past few days, here are some of the commitments we've started to make in an effort to affect change:
- Nightfall is matching up to $500 per employee in donations to organizations fighting for racial & social justice and equality, including:
- Black Lives Matter Foundation
- Center for Policing Equity
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- Equal Justice Initiative
- We realize these critical frontline organizations face threats not only in the real world, but also digitally in the cyber realm. To deepen our commitment to their safety, the Nightfall DLP platform is free or discounted for frontline non-profit organizations fighting for racial & social justice. Please contact email@example.com to learn more.
- To uphold our internal commitment to supporting Black Americans and underrepresented minorities in our workplace, we’re forming a task force that will focus on how we can foster diversity, equity, and inclusion both within Nightfall, and externally within the broader security industry that we are a part of. We’ll be expanding upon this in a subsequent post.
We realize this is just a start. We will work hard to improve upon, learn from, and deepen these initiatives. We hope you will join us. Let us stand together and state unequivocally: Black Lives Matter.